Community Health and Family Medicine
Willie Mae Reed, a registered nurse, always emphasized a healthy lifestyle for herself
and her family, and it paid off. She turned 102 on February 20.
Read More »
The University of Florida Department of Community Health and Family Medicine at
UF Health Jacksonville provides the entire spectrum of primary care services — pediatrics,
adult medicine, geriatrics, prenatal care and palliative medicine.
The faculty physicians in the department are multidisciplinary with specialties
in family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, geriatrics, palliative medicine
and sports medicine. Services to our patients are provided at 28 locations conveniently
located throughout Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia.
The Department of Community Health and Family Medicine in Jacksonville offers the
- Care for acute minor illnesses
- Continuity of care for chronic illnesses
- End-of-life care and palliative medicine for life-threatening or life-limiting illnesses
- Geriatric care
- Health promotion/disease prevention
- Immunizations (adult and pediatric)
- Minor trauma