UF Health Integrative Palliative Care – Jacksonville is an inpatient consultative
service that helps patients of any age find relief from the physical pain, symptoms
and stress of any serious illness.
Our Palliative Care team's goal is to improve the quality of life for both the patient
and family. This team works alongside the patient's other doctors to provide additional
Palliative care can help patients at any stage of an illness, as well as during
curative treatment. Care team members:
- Address physical symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble sleeping
- Help patients and their loved ones understand the illness they're facing and their
- Provide the tools, education and coordination of services that help patients carry
on with daily life.
- Provide spiritual guidance and arrange for counseling and support to help patients
and loved ones cope with the illness.
- Assist patients and loved ones with making important choices, such as advance directives
to respect their goals and values.
Your physician can request a consultation for palliative care. Ask your doctor if
palliative care is right for you or call 904-407-7700.