What to Bring
- Advance directives (living will, power of attorney, etc.)
- Driver’s licenses and/or photo ID cards of the patient and the insured (if different from the patient)
- Emergency contact information
- Insurance card and/or policy
- List of current medications — over-the-counter and prescription drugs, vitamins and herbal supplements
- Medicare or Medicaid card
- Physician’s orders, if you have any
- Social Security numbers of the patient and the insured (if different from the patient)
To make your stay more comfortable, you are welcome to bring these personal items with you:
- Denture care supplies
- Eyeglasses and case
- Personal toiletries such as comb, brush, shampoo, soap, contact lens solution, toothbrush and toothpaste
UF Health Jacksonville cannot be responsible for replacement of any personal belongings.
What to Leave at Home
- Valuables, such as jewelry, credit cards and cash (or give them to a relative or friend to take care
of during your stay). If you cannot send your valuables home, speak with your nurse about storing them
safely with our Security department.
- Medications (prescription, over-the-counter or illegal drugs) from home. All medications you take while
a patient at UF Health Jacksonville have been prescribed by your physician, are dispensed by the hospital
pharmacy and are administered by a trained professional.
- Electrical appliances, such as hair dryers, curling irons, razors, radios, heating pads, fans, portable
heaters and other devices. These items are not permitted in patient rooms.