of Florida Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery in Jacksonville provides
state-of-the-art neurosurgical care for infants, children and adolescents in Northeast
Florida. The division provides medical services at
UF Health Pediatric Neurosurgery – Prudential Drive, Wolfson Children's Hospital and UF Health Jacksonville.
Our board-certified pediatric neurosurgeons provide
surgical treatment options related to disorders of the nervous system, which includes
diseases of the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles.
In 2005, the Lucy Gooding Charitable Foundation Trust provided the funding necessary
to help establish the UF Health Pediatric Neurosurgery Center to help solidify a
regional center for comprehensive neurosurgical care for children.
The physicians of UF Health Pediatric Neurosurgery are dedicated to providing:
- Neurosurgical care of infants, children and adolescents
- Prenatal counseling for neurosurgical conditions
Common conditions addressed by the division include:
- Craniosynostosis and craniofacial disorders
- Seizures (epilepsy)
- Spina bifida
- Spinal cord injury
- Tumors of the nervous system (brain tumors, spinal tumors)
- Stroke and Cerebrovascular diseases