Coronavirus (COVID-19) Ambulatory Pharmacy Update
July 8, 2020 - We continue to operate under normal business hours and will update our messaging if this changes. Please rest assured we are doing all we can to make sure we are able to continue providing you with the medications you need.
However, for the safety of our patients, visitor, and staff, please note that masks are now mandatory while on campus and expect to be
screened at any hospital entrance (you will be asked questions and have a temperature
check). Visit ufhealthjax.org/covid-19, for more details. During your visit to our pharmacy, please be aware of the following changes:
- The pharmacy reception desk is currently not staffed. Instead, Window 6 has been temporarily converted to our Reception Window.
- Please fill out a pink Name and Date of Birth slip at the outside desk before entering our pharmacy via the metal detector.
- Proceed to Window 6 if you:
- Have general questions
- Need a white ticket for same day service
- Need to fill out a next day medication order request
Same Day Service
- After retrieving a white numbered ticket from Window 6 (Reception), please have a seat until your number is called.
Pick Up Line
- If your medications are ready, please wait in the pickup line.
- Our security officer will limit the number of customers allowed inside the pharmacy, and those waiting in line are asked to stand 6 feet apart, guided by markings on the floor.
- At the pickup window, staff will ask your permission to sign your name on the signature device, to reduce the transmission of germs.
- If we need to hold your photo ID, we will give you an alcohol wipe to clean it afterwards.
Sanitizing Our Areas
- Our staff is wiping down the outside pharmacy counters and windows and our internal workstations often.
- We are also washing our hands often as well as using hand sanitizers.
- Thank you for doing your part to help us combat this pandemic.
The services for the UF Health Ambulatory Pharmacy – Jacksonville
are limited to qualified UF Health Jacksonville patients. If you have any questions
regarding eligibility, please contact 904-244-4015.
Visit our specialty pharmacy services
for more information on specialty medications prescribed by your physician.
UF Health Jacksonville
655 W. 8th St.
Ambulatory Care Center, 1st Floor
Jacksonville, FL 32209
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
We are closed on all major holidays (or hospital-observed holidays).
- New Year's Day - Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2020
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday - Monday, Jan. 20, 2020
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 25, 2020
- Independence Day (observed) - Friday, July 3, 2020
- Labor Day - Monday, Sept. 7, 2020
- Veteran's Day - Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2020
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, Nov. 26, 2020
- Friday after Thanksgiving - Friday, Nov. 27, 2020
- Christmas Day - Friday, Dec. 25, 2020
- New Year's Day - Friday, Jan. 1, 2021
Plans We Accept
Prescriptions must come from eligible UF Health Jacksonville locations. We accept the following insurance plans:
- Medicare Part D
- BCBS Medicare D
- Florida Blue – PPO
- Florida Medicaid Fee-For-Service
- Sunshine Health
- Magellan Complete Care
- United Healthcare
- Humana Medicaid
- Confused about your medications?
- Concerned about drug interactions and unwanted side effects?
- Interested in maximizing your medications to help meet your health goals?
Call 904-244-4020 to schedule a free phone or face-to-face consultation
with a pharmacist.
Medication-related resources are available to help you manage your medications and
- Rx Drug Price Finder is
a tool created by the Florida Attorney General and the Agency for Health
Care Administration (AHCA) to help consumers shop for the lowest price in their
area for prescription drugs.
was also created by AHCA and provides easy access to health care information.
Use this website to learn about medical conditions, compare health care facilities
and providers, and find health care resources.
- Financial Assistance may be
available. Use this website to learn about financial assistance at UF Health Jacksonville.
- Drug Disposal Collection
Sites can be found at this website. This website also tells you how to dispose
of old medicine safely.