To help combat COVID-19, this clinical trial will evaluate if repurposed from other Food and Drug Administration (FDA) indication medications can make participants feel better faster and reduce death and hospitalization.
- Greater than 30 years old
- Confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection by any authorized or approved polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or antigen test collected within 10 days of screening
- Two or more current symptoms of acute infection for = 7 days. Symptoms include the following: fatigue, dyspnea, fever, cough, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, body aches, chills, headache, sore throat, nasal symptoms, the new loss of sense of taste or smell.
- Current or recent (within 10 days of screening) hospitalization for COVID-19.
- Current use of study drug or study drug/device combination.
- Known allergy/sensitivity or any hypersensitivity to components of the study drug or placebo.
- Known contraindication(s) to the study drug including prohibited concomitant medications.
Participation in the study will last about 3 months (90 days). All study visits can be remote (not in person). Participants will complete surveys online or by phone if they do not have access to a computer/tablet/smartphone or internet