Our one-year program will provide a foundational understanding of the UF Health Jacksonville academic health system through rotations, projects and professional development opportunities.
Rotations throughout key areas of the enterprise give a road map of the departments and people driving our mission. These learning opportunities consist of one-on-one meetings with key leaders and shadowing in different departments.
Projects will align with executive leadership's strategic priorities, while also matching the fellow's interests.
Professional development opportunities will include mentorship from the program preceptor, access to high-level executive leadership meetings and funding to attend the American College of Healthcare Executives Congress.
Mid-level steering team
Katy Wittman, MSHA, MBA
Co-Program Director, 2022-2023
Director, Department of Surgery
Trish Starkes, MHA
Co-Program Director, 2023-2024
Director, Patient Access and Financial Eligibility
Executive steering team
Ann-Marie A. Knight, MHA, FACHE
Vice President, Community Engagement & Chief Diversity Officer, UF Health Jacksonville
Greg Miller, MBA
Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, UF Health Jacksonville
Rolling application deadline
Our selection committee will begin reviewing applications Sept. 24 with the final application deadline of Oct. 1 at 11:59 p.m. Priority will be given to applicants that apply by Sept. 24. Applications received by Oct. 1 will be considered if interview slots are available.
- Applicants must possess or have completed an MHA, MBA, MPH or equivalent degree from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME), Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), or an Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), or be enrolled in a graduate program that will award same upon completion of the administrative fellowship.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or possess a work permit that will be valid through duration of the fellowship.
Please submit the following materials in a single PDF to UFAdminFellow@jax.ufl.edu.
- Current resume
- Unofficial graduate school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation: one academic, one professional
- Cover letter addressed to Administrative Fellowship Selection Committee no longer than one page
- Personal statement no longer than 800 words that addresses:
- The candidate's specific interest in pursuing a fellowship at UF Health Jacksonville
- Why and how the candidate hopes to positively impact the population we serve
- What makes the applicant the strongest candidate for this role
Register here for one of the following informational webinars:
- Thursday, Aug. 24, 2023 from 12-1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2023 from 6-7 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 16, 2023 from 10-11 a.m.
Frequently asked questions
How long is the fellowship?
The fellowship is one year and traditionally begins on the first Monday of June.
Are administrative fellows guaranteed a position once they complete the program?
Every effort will be made to match a fellow with a needed position within the organization, either existing or newly created. However, there are no guarantees of a position post fellowship. Our goal is to provide each fellow with an invaluable year-long experience that's foundational to their career.
My master's program requires an administrative fellowship/residency. Does UF Health Jacksonville accommodate these types of students?
Yes, as long as the didactic portion of the program is complete prior to beginning the fellowship.
Can recent graduates apply?
Yes, we will consider applicants who would start the fellowship within two years of completing their graduate program.
Can non-recent graduates apply?
We will consider applications within two years of completing a graduate degree program.
How many fellowship positions are offered?
Two fellowship positions are offered annually.
For additional questions and information, please email UFAdminFellow@jax.ufl.edu.