Are you wondering if a heart disease diagnosis you were given is accurate? Do you want to know every treatment option for your condition? Would you feel better to hear that a second physician supports your recommended treatment plan?
The UF Health Cardiovascular Center offers knowledgeable second opinions for patients who have received an initial diagnosis of a heart or vascular illness. You can arrange a consultation with an expert cardiologist or surgeon who can give you peace of mind when it comes to managing your heart health and moving forward with treatment.
Why a second opinion?
- Get confirmation of your diagnosis and treatment plan so you can have confidence in your care.
- Learn about alternative treatments that may be effective for you.
- Determine if you could benefit from less-invasive treatment options than the one you were initially given.
- If you were told that interventional or surgical treatment wasn’t possible, we offer options your current physician may not.
- Second opinions may prevent the expense and discomfort of an unnecessary procedure.
Diagnoses and procedures
Our cardiology physicians provide qualified second opinions on a variety of diagnoses and procedures including: