A brow lift, also referred to as a forehead lift, is a cosmetic procedure designed to restore the natural position of your eyebrows, reduce the appearance of forehead lines and provide you with a more youthful look. It can also be used to modify your hairline.
Brow and forehead lift: What you need to know
- There are several techniques that can be used that offer different results. Your physician will discuss all the options and help you decide which would be best for you.
- Incisions are typically made at or behind the hairline, so they remain hidden.
- Some brow lifts are done endoscopically with small incisions at the hairline. Others that have a greater impact on the appearance of the forehead may require longer incisions within the hairline.
- Brow lift surgeries are typically performed with general anesthesia, but some procedures may be done with local anesthesia.
- The results from this type of procedure should last for years and often improve the look of the upper eyelid as well.
Brow and forehead lift: Recovery
Recovery time depends on the type of incisions and procedures. Results also vary by patient. You should expect to have some bruising and swelling that may take a few weeks to fully resolve. Your care team will provide instructions on your home care, so you can avoid infection, lessen discomfort and speed healing. Many patients return to work and resume normal activities within a few days to a week after surgery.
Brow and forehead lift: Our expertise
Our specialists are highly trained and experienced at facial aesthetic surgery. They will listen to you and discuss your expectations and the results you hope to achieve. To plan the surgery, they also take many factors into account such as your skin type and age. Our accomplished surgeons are committed to using advanced techniques that will provide you with beautiful natural results.