Chin implant surgery can enhance your appearance by providing a more defined or prominent contour of your chin. Our surgeons combine specialized training and advanced technologies with years of surgical experience to provide you with the best possible outcomes.
Chin implants: What you need to know
- In addition to a review of your medical history and surgical risks, your surgeon will thoroughly discuss your expectations for the procedure, explain what is involved and make recommendations for anesthesia.
- The surgery generally takes 30 minutes to an hour and is performed using local anesthesia with an oral sedative or general anesthesia.
- During the procedure, an implant is inserted intraorally via a lower lip incision, or by making an incision under the chin to minimize visible scarring.
- Following the procedure, patients will experience bruising and swelling. Though recovery varies by patient, many see reduced symptoms after several weeks.
- Your care team will provide instructions for your post-surgical care to help avoid infections and complications.