A facelift, also known as a rhytidectomy, can rejuvenate skin and restore a more youthful look. It is a surgical procedure that tightens loose skin and removes unwanted wrinkles, making you look refreshed. Our accomplished specialists are board-certified surgeons with specialized training and significant experience.
Facelift: What you need to know
- In addition to a review of your medical history and surgical risks, your surgeon will thoroughly discuss your expectations for the procedure, explain what is involved and make recommendations for anesthesia.
- In the facelift cosmetic surgery procedure, an incision is placed inconspicuously along the hairline, under the chin and in front of the ear.
- Facial and neck skin is then lifted and tightened, and the excess skin is removed. To complete the facelift, remaining skin is smoothed and sutured.
- The procedure may take up to four hours, depending on your skin's condition and desired results.
- Your care team will provide instructions for your post-surgical care to help reduce swelling and avoid infections and complications.
- Most patients experience only minor pain and discomfort, yet bruising and swelling can be expected after surgery and last for three to four weeks. Complete recovery from swelling can take several months.