UF CARES presents the 27th Annual Infectious Diseases and HIV Conference of Florida, HIV Prevention and Treatment on Sept. 29.
UF Health Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunology in Jacksonville offers the only comprehensive pediatric infectious disease service in Northeast Florida.
Pediatric infectious diseases: Our expertise
Our University of Florida pediatricians are accomplished practitioners who are dedicated to the prevention, detection and care of childhood infectious diseases.
- These experts work with primary care physicians and community agencies to ensure children have full access to immunizations, and parents and caregivers understand how to prevent contagious diseases.
- Pediatric specialists are also available for consultation and training for local physicians and their staffs.
- These faculty pediatricians of the University of Florida Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunology have a long track record of involvement in clinical research, particularly in the area of pediatric HIV/AIDS.
- The division houses a unique multispecialty clinical and research center dedicated to the prevention and treatment of pediatric HIV/AIDS, the UF Center for HIV/AIDS Research, Education and Service (UF CARES).
Infectious diseases we treat
Specialists in the division provide individualized consultation and advice for the child's primary care physician. They also care for hospitalized children with infectious diseases, such as:
- Bone and joint infections
- Fever of unknown origin (FUO)
- Fifth's disease
- Immunodeficiency disorders
- Kawasaki disease
- Measles and rubella
- MRSA infections
- Pertussis or whooping cough
- Recurrent infections
- Travel medicine and international adoption
- Varicella or chicken pox
Latest in Pediatric Infectious Diseases
February 4, 2020
Telemedicine has improved access to health care by offering patients the option of completing appointments from the comfort of their home. This is especially…
UF Health Family Medicine, +1 more
September 8, 2016
Mobeen Rathore, MD , professor and associate chair of pediatrics at the University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville , has been elected to the…
College of Medicine – Jacksonville, +1 more