The UF Health Pediatric Imaging team in Jacksonville, Florida, provides a valuable link between the Radiology department and many different pediatric medical and surgical specialties and subspecialties at UF Health Jacksonville, UF Health North and other area hospitals.
A broad diversity of clinical conditions may require radiologic imaging to assist in diagnosis or treatment. These include infections, cancer, congenital disorders and traumatic injury in newborns, infants, children and adolescents. Available imaging modalities include plain film examinations, computed tomography (CT), ultrasound, magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and contrast-enhanced gastrointestinal fluoroscopy.
Faculty radiologists of UF Health Pediatric Imaging provide the following imaging services:
- Pediatric plain film examinations (head/neck, chest, abdominal/pelvic, extremity): NICU and PICU films
- Pediatric CT/CT angiography, ultrasound (head/neck, chest, abdominal/pelvic, extremity): abdomen, small parts, neck/chest
- Pediatric ultrasound/Doppler (head/neck, abdominal/pelvic, extremity)
- Pediatric MR imaging/MR angiography (brain, head/neck, chest, abdominal/pelvic, extremity)
- Fetal MR imaging
- Pediatric upper and lower barium gastrointestinal studies
- Voiding cystourethrogram
Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence
UF Health Jacksonville has been recognized as a Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology, recognizing best-quality imaging practices and diagnostic care.