The UF Health Breast Center at Jacksonville offers comprehensive screening, diagnostic, risk evaluation and treatment services for breast cancer in a caring, compassionate environment. Services include:
- Advanced digial mammography, including 3-D digital breast tomosynthesis
- Genetic counseling to help assess risk of breast cancer
- Second opinion services to confirm a diagnosis and assist in choosing the best treatment
- Comprehensive, compassionate breast cancer treatment by highly trained UF breast surgeons, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists
- Breast reconstruction surgery following mastectomy
- Nurse navigators to guide and assist patients throughout the diagnostic and treatment process
- Same-day breast assessment service to schedule all specialist appointments in the same day for faster diagnosis results.
UF Health offers nurse navigators to help guide patients and assist with any issues patients may encounter throughout diagnosis and treatment process. A nurse navigator provides case management, education, clinical and emotional support throughout the course of a patient’s cancer care. Navigators also facilitate communication and act as a liaison with the multidisciplinary health care team on behalf of the patient.