- Katherine A Zarroli
- Accepting Candidates
The Comprehensive Epilepsy Program at the UF Health Neuroscience Institute is a multidisciplinary service that offers patients the latest diagnosis and treatment options for epilepsy care.
Why choose UF Health Jacksonville?
- Our University of Florida physicians come from various disciplines and are committed to providing state-of-the-art care that will achieve the best possible outcomes for their patients.
- The program is headed by full-time, board certified physicians who are subspecialty trained in epilepsy and electrophysiology. The team also includes a full-time epilepsy program coordinator, nurse research coordinators and pharmacy doctorates.
- Physicians, pharmacists and nurse coordinators provide patients with the latest in medications and life management education to significantly improve each patient's quality of life.
Epilepsy: Our expertise
- Sophisticated, state-of-the-art neurophysiologic assessment (EEG, evoked potentials, 24-hour ambulatory EEG monitoring, functional brain mapping)
- Inpatient video monitoring to diagnose difficult cases, determine optimum medication regimens, and evaluate potential epilepsy surgery patients
- Neuro-psychological assessment and psychological counseling
- Epilepsy surgery for medically refractory epilepsy
- Vagal nerve stimulation (VNS)
- Access to the latest clinical research trials in epilepsy including clinical drug trials and new surgical treatments
- Educational and support group programs
Comprehensive Epilepsy Program
Since 2006, UF Health has been a recognized as Comprehensive Epilepsy Program by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers.
Related conditions & treatments
Clinical Trials: Epilepsy
UF Health research scientists make medicine better every day. They discover new ways to help people by running clinical trials. When you join a clinical trial, you can get advanced medical care. Sometimes years before it's available everywhere. You can also help make medicine better for everyone else. If you'd like to learn more about clinical trials, visit our clinical trials page. Or click one of the links below:
- Ramon E Bautista, Suparna R Krishnaiengar, Katherine A Zarroli
- Accepting Candidates
Community and Patient Programs: Epilepsy
Our community and patient programs provide great value to patients, families and loved ones. People can find support, educational materials, expert consultants and more. In most instances, these programs are offered free of charge.
A monthly support group for seizure and epilepsy patients, caregivers and the community.
Tai chi classes for patients and caregivers with neurologic conditions such as Parkinson's, stroke, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy and neuropathy.
Yoga classes for patients and caregivers with neurology conditions such as Parkinson's, stroke, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy and neuropathy.
News and Patient Stories: Epilepsy
April 27, 2023
Ramon Bautista, MD, MBA, professor and chair of the department of neurology at the University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville, has been named the…
College of Medicine – Jacksonville, UF Health Jacksonville, +2 more
A teen is living seizure-free after UF Health doctors performed a life-changing surgery.