We believe exceptional nursing practice and healing relationships occur within a culture of safety and caring. This belief aligns with our Nursing Mission, Vision, and Values:
Nursing at UF Health Jacksonville collaborates to provide safe, compassionate and innovative care to patients and families in the diverse communities we have the privilege to serve. We make a difference!
Nursing at UF Health Jacksonville will be a nationally recognized leader of innovation in patient care by exceeding benchmarks for the patient and family experience, quality outcomes and nursing satisfaction.
Values and Beliefs
- Integrity – Doing the right thing even when no one is looking
- Respect – Providing dignity through open-minded, non-judgmental professional care
- Caring – Showing compassion and empathy to those we serve
- Positive attitude - Seeing the good and speaking the positive
- Accountability – Holding ourselves and others to a high level of excellence
Healthy interpersonal relationships, through Relationship-based care, provides a healing environment and guides our patient and family centered approach to nursing practice.
The framework centers on three crucial relationships:
- The relationship with our patients, their families and the communities in which we live
- The relationship with colleagues
- The relationship with self
The framework is supported and operationalized by ensuring a commitment to the six core dimensions:
- Professional practice
- Care delivery