UF Health Pharmacy – Jacksonville provides specialty pharmacy services for qualified UF Health Jacksonville patients. General information can be found on the pharmacy overview page.
The pharmacy currently services patients being treated by one or more of the following specialties:
Managing specialty medications for chronic or rare conditions can be hard. Our specialty team of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians work with you to provide the personalized and optimized care you need. Our pharmacists are experts integrated into clinical teams to assist providers in accessing specialty medications prescribed and improving patient outcomes.
2022 Quality Performance Metrics:
- 94.6% of calls answered by a live person within 30 seconds or less
- 100% of patients surveyed rated their overall experience with our specialty pharmacy as "Excellent"
- 99% of patients agree that the specialty pharmacy has improved their health-related quality of life
UF Health Jacksonville
655 W. 8th St.
Ambulatory Care Center, 1st Floor
Jacksonville, FL 32209
Fax number: (904) 244-3011
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
We are closed on all major holidays (or hospital-observed holidays).
- New Year's Day - Monday, Jan. 2, 2023
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday - Monday, Jan. 16, 2023
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 29, 2023
- Independence Day - Tuesday, July 4, 2023
- Labor Day - Monday, Sept. 4, 2023
- Veteran's Day (observed) - Friday, Nov. 10, 2023
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, Nov. 23, 2023
- Friday after Thanksgiving - Friday, Nov. 24, 2023
- Christmas Eve (observed) – Friday, Dec. 22, 2023
- Christmas Day - Monday, Dec. 25, 2023
- New Year's Day - Friday, Jan. 1, 2024
If you have filled a specialty medication with us, please review the Welcome Packet you received on the first fill of your specialty medication for more information on:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Patient Consent Agreement and Acknowledgement
- How to Dispose of Medicines Properly
If you would like another copy or have questions or concerns, please contact the pharmacy at (904) 244-3000.
We make it easy to refill your specialty medications. We also call to remind you, so you never miss a refill.
- Refill by phone: Call (904) 244-3000 to request a refill.
- Refill by MyUFHealth: If you choose, you can refill your medication on the MyUFHealth online portal or through the MyChart mobile app.
- Visit us: If you choose, you can visit the pharmacy in person to request a refill.
We stock most specialty medications and can fill orders quickly. However, some may require ordering.
Many medications require prior authorization.
What is a prior authorization?
Your insurance reviews certain drugs before your plan covers them to make sure you are getting the right medication for the right situation.
Why does a drug need a prior authorization?
- The drug should only be used for certain health conditions.
- The drug is often misused.
- The drug may have side effects or drug interactions that need to be tracked.
- The drug is expensive and there may be another less expensive medication that can be used instead.
How do you know if a medication requires prior authorization?
Refer to your plan’s drug list, also called a formulary. You may find your plan’s drug list online. When you find the drug list, look for a PA after the name of your medication. You may also contact your plan for this information by calling the customer service number available on the back of your insurance card.
What if your prescription needs prior authorization?
You and/or the pharmacist should talk to your prescriber. There may be another drug for your condition that does not need prior authorization. If not, then request your prescriber complete a prior authorization with the insurance company. Your insurance will review the information and communicate the decision with you and your prescriber.
Need Help Paying for your Medication?
If you have a high copay, the pharmacy will look at different options to help lower your copay. You can also learn more from the following resources: