Cancer Center: Adult Cancer Survivorship Program
Life After a Cancer Diagnosis
Whether they have been recently diagnosed with cancer, are currently in treatment
or have completed their treatments, we consider all our patients survivors.
UF Health Jacksonville’s team of physicians, nurses and other health care professionals
treat the whole patient, not just the cancer. Our team includes a cancer survivorship
coordinator who assists with the following:
- Coordinate follow-up care with the patient’s primary care provider and specialists
through an individualized treatment summary and care plan.
- Evaluate his or her physical, psychological, social and spiritual wellbeing.
- Refer a patient to a variety of services, including:
- Individual and family counseling
- Genetic testing
- Nutrition counseling
- Physical, occupational or speech therapy
- Exercise programs
- Tobacco cessation programs
- Financial assistance agencies
- Support groups
- Other local, state and national programs for cancer survivors
- Educate patients by providing wellness, fitness and nutrition classes as well as
offering disease specific patient and caregiver support groups and programs.
Ask your physician or nurse about our Adult Cancer Survivorship Program or call
our program coordinator at 904-244-1928.